Like a good chunk of shit...poor choice of words. Like a good amount of creations, my first recipe was put together while drunk. Wouldn't change a goddamn thing about it.
· ¾ C Old-Fashioned Oats
· ¼ t Salt
· 1 t Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
· ½ t Cinnamon (Ground)
· ¼ t Ginger (Ground)
· Pinch Clove (Ground)
· Pinch Cardamom (Ground)
· 1 – 2 t Ginger (Fresh)
· 1 Medium Pear
· ½ C Cranberries (Fresh)
· 2 T Apple Cider
· Juice of 1 Lemon
· 2 t honey
· 3 – 4 T Almond Beverage*
· 2 t Almond Butter
· 2-3 T Greek Yogurt
Toppings and Add-Ins:
· 1 T Raw or Toasted Almonds
· Dates or Raisins
· Set oven to “Bake” and preheat to 375◦F.
· Dice Pear into small dice.
· In a pan, over medium heat, throw pear, cranberries, apple cider, lemon juice, fresh ginger and 1t honey. Cook until pears and cranberries are soft and liquid has reduced into a syrup consistency.
· While that’s cooking, mix ground spices and salt into the oats. You can add raisins or half the toasted, chopped almonds into the mix, if you’d like.
· Add milk, 1 T at a time, into the oats until you’ve got a thick batter. If it’s too wet, you’ve added too much liquid. You can always adjust to suit your personal tastes.
For the “frosting:”
· Whisk almond butter into the yogurt. Mix in a bit of the almond milk and a tiny bit of cider, until you’ve got a smooth consistency, but thick. Ya know, like frosting.
· Once the pear/cranberry mixture is cooked, add half of it to the bottom of a GREASED ramekin. Then add half of the oat mixture. Top that with the rest of the pear mixture, and then finish with the remainder of the oats.
· Bake for 10-12 minutes.
· Make sure the cake isn’t wet when removing from the oven.
· Let cool for 5 minutes or so. For me that about as long as it takes me to go outside, smoke a cigarette and comeback.
· Flip ramekin onto a small plate. Tap the bottom of ramekin and let it slide out.
· Top with frosting, toasted nuts, some cinnamon or whatever the shit you want.
*I used “Pacific Organic Unsweetened Almond Milk.”