It's Christmas and I'm publishing this, because doing this is better than listening to someone's child explain what their piece of shit Elf On A Shelf wrote to them about their degrees of naughtiness and niceness.
These things also taste way better than the Jingle-Bell slop you've shoved down your throats today.
- 1/2 C Quinoa, dry
- 1 Medium Sweet Potato, peeled and grated
- 2 T Buckwheat Flour
- 2 t Peanut Butter or other Nut Butter of your choice (Cashew Butter would be great)
- 1 t Honey
- 1/4 C Full Fat or Light Coconut Milk
- 3/4 C Onion, diced
- 1/4 C Pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 T Chia Seeds
- 1/4 C Dried Cherries or other dried fruit
- 1/2 t each Salt + Pepper
- 1/8 t Coriander, ground
- 1/8 t Cayenne
- 1/4 t Turmeric, ground
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook Quinoa according to package instructions or however you like it. Just cook the goddamn quinoa.
- Using a box grater, grate sweet potato.
- Dice Onion
- Mix, in a large bowl, the Sweet Potato, Quinoa, Pecans, Dried Cherries.
- In a separate bowl, pour Coconut Milk, Peanut Butter, Honey, Chia and Flour. Let sit for 10 minutes, allowing Chia to absorb and expand.
- Mix this into Veggies and Quinoa. Stir in spices and mix thoroughly.4
- Using a 1/4 C measuring cup, form patties with the mix.
- Lay patties on a lined and greased sheet tray. Lightly brush cakes with oil of your choice or pan spray.
- Cook patties in oven for 20 minutes, until the patties brown on top and around edges.
- When finished, let cit and cool for 10 minutes, minimum.